St. Ninian's Church


Historic church which was built by local townsfolk in 1778 for those who were too old or infirm to climb the 199 church stairs to St Mary's Parish Church. It was built by the local shipbuilders and merchants, the very men who built three of Captain James Cook's ships. Now a Catholic church served by Benedicitines, Holy Mass is celebrated daily and the church stays open everyday for visitors and pilgrims.

Contact Information

YO21 1BL
  01497 603013

Useful Information

Opening Times : 10am-4pm daily.

Admission Prices : free

Location Information