It is thought that there was a wooden church on this site in Anglo-Saxon times. The first stone church was built in after the Norman Conquest of 1066 and altered in medieval times. In the early 16th century the church was largely rebuilt and the tower added in the perpendicular style. There is a display of pre-conquest stone sculptures, a Norman font and holy water stoup and a 15th century carving of the Adoration of the Magi. Other interesting features include a 19th century rood screen with carved figures added in the 20th century in memory of a former rector.
Burnsall Skipton BD23 6BP
01756 720460 Visit the St. Wilfrid's Church website email@example.com
Disabled access : Suitable for wheelchairs with assistance Opening Times : Daily 9am-dusk