Results in Kirkleatham, North-East England
ONCE surrounded by a deer park, the church of West Lidum was recorded in the Yorkshire section of the Domesday Book. Estate held by alum mining family Turner 1623-1949, 17th century mansion demolished 1954, leaving stable block. Most striking feature the 17th century almshouses, rebuilt 1742. Queen Anne building, former school, is opposite. Though historically in the North Riding of Yorkshire it is now part of Redcar and Cleveland.